Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The 10 Days of Christmas Travel



On the sixth day of Christmas travel Christmas Eve arrived. With Christmas Eve so did old and new traditions. I started a new tradition with my daughter. She opened one gift and in this gift was new pajamas to wear that night. Each year she and her coming siblings will receive new pajamas to sleep in. Along with the new Stinky participated in some of the traditions I looked so forward to myself as a child. We had chili by candle light and then Grandpa read her Christmas stories out of the same Christmas books that he read to me. It was fun to see her enjoying some of the experiences I enjoyed and it brought back that comforting yet exciting feeling that I felt so many years. I couldn't wait till the next morning with hopes of more nostalgic feelings.

No comments: