Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Shower





I hosted my first baby shower for my cousin. I really enjoyed making my first diaper cake. It was a jungle theme and after the construction of the cake was complete decoration and expressing my creative side was a lot of fun. Good company and good wine didn't hurt either.

I decided for decorations that I wanted to use items that could be useful to the mommy to be. I found carters white onsies and burp cloths on sale 50% off and appliqued monkey's on them. I hung then all over the room to make it look like clothes lines. It looked really cute and it was nice to know that the items could be taken home and used.

For party favors I ordered little vases and put a rose in each one. This also helped decorate the room. The roses were from a friends garden and it added a sweet sent as well as beauty to the room. People were really excited to take them home at the end of the shower.

With my mom's help, (a lot of help) the shower was a great success.

No comments: