Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Putting Myself Out of A Job


I was given a great idea from a wise mom in my mommy group. She was telling a story about how much her daughter likes to help and that her goal was to put herself out of a job by training her daughter to do all the chores. I liked that. At this age children like helping mommy with chores. I have started looking for opportunities for Stinky to help me in my everyday chores. She has really enjoyed not only the process of doing the chores but the time spent talking and working along side Mommy. I have enjoyed letting her explore the world of cleaning. Other chores she enjoys is moving the laundry from washer to dryer, handing me dishes from the dishwasher and bringing folded clothes from the living room into her bedroom. If only she enjoyed picking up her toys and putting them away.

No comments: