Thursday, May 7, 2009

Art Is Self Expression

This was Stinky's third introduction to painting. Unlike the previous times this time she actually enjoyed herself. In previous experiences she was a little disturbed by the feeling of paint on her hands. This time was different, she was really excited by the affect created by sliding her fingers across the paper.
After she had played in the blue a little bit I could see she was losing interest. To regain interest, I added red. She dipped her little finger in the red paint and began swirling it around in the already painted blue spots.
She was in her little zone. I really enjoyed watching her create, furthering her imagination and creativity.
She was very interested in the paint on her fingers. She was anxious to show daddy what it looked like.
When painting the paper lost interest, freedom to create moved to the body. Nice! Nothing a quick bath won't fix and worth the experience.

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."
Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

good messy fun--I love it!

Becca said...

My parents and I were talking about finger painting the other day. They said I didn't like to get dirty even then...much like now. Too cute tho!